Civil Provisions of General Application.
§ 52C-3-301. Proceedings under this Chapter.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this Chapter, this Article applies to all proceedings under this Chapter.
(b) This Chapter provides for the following proceedings:
(1) Establishment of an order for spousal support or child support pursuant to Article 4 of this Chapter;
(2) Enforcement of a support order and income withholding order of another state without registration pursuant to Article 5 of this Chapter;
(3) Registration of an order for spousal support or child support of another state or enforcement pursuant to Article 6 of this Chapter;
(4) Modification of an order for child support or spousal support issued by a tribunal of this State pursuant to Article 2, Part 2 of this Chapter;
(5) Registration of an order for child support of another state for modification pursuant to Article 6 of this Chapter;
(6) Determination of paternity pursuant to Article 7 of this Chapter; and
(7) Assertion of jurisdiction over nonresidents pursuant to Article 2, Part 1 of this Chapter.
(c) An individual petitioner or a support enforcement agency may commence a proceeding authorized under this Chapter by filing a petition in an initiating tribunal for forwarding to a responding tribunal or by filing a petition or a comparable pleading directly in a tribunal of another state which has or can obtain personal jurisdiction over the respondent. (1995, c. 538, s. 7(c).)