GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
Section 1. G.S. 90-91(k) reads as rewritten:
Any anabolic steroids, unless dispensed
with a prescription by a registered pharmacist. Anabolic steroids. The
term 'anabolic steroid' means any material, compound, mixture, or
preparation containing an anabolic steroid, drug or hormonal substance,
chemically and pharmacologically related to testosterone (other than estrogens,
progestins, and corticosteroids) that promotes muscle growth, including,
but not limited to, the following:
4. Nandrolone phenpropionate,
5. Nandrolone deconoate,
6. Testosterone propionate,
9. Chlorotestosterone (4-chlortestosterone),
12. Dibydrostestosterone (4-dihydrotestosterone),
15. Formebulone (formebolone),
31. Trenbolone, and
32. Any salt, ester, or isomer of a drug or substance described or listed in this subsection, if that salt, ester, or isomer promotes muscle growth. Except such term does not include an anabolic steroid which is expressly intended for administration through implants to cattle or other nonhuman species and which has been approved by the Secretary of Health and Human Services for such administration. If any person prescribes, dispenses, or distributes such steroid for human use, such person shall be considered to have prescribed, dispensed, or distributed an anabolic steroid within the meaning of this subsection."
Sec. 2. This act becomes effective July 1, 1991.
In the General Assembly read three times and ratified this the 26th day of June, 1991.
James C. Gardner
President of the Senate
Daniel Blue, Jr.
Speaker of the House of Representatives